[OSGeo-Edu] GIS training at a local college

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at tkk.fi
Tue Mar 27 15:38:26 EDT 2007

P Kishor kirjoitti:

> So, my question -- what are the recommended equivalents or complements
> to Arcview? Quantum GIS, uDig, OpenJUMP?

QGIS and/or MapWindow

Although I just had an experience where my research worker asked for a
Arcview (or whatever is the latest from ESRI) for some work on vector
features (joining features from two sources, with different attributes I
think) - she couldn't find out how to do it with either of those and was
conviced AV could do it...

I didn't want to send her down the OGR tools and scripting path yet.

Ari

--
Prof. Ari Jolma
Geoinformaatio- ja paikannustekniikka