[OSGeo-Edu] Geomatics Week in Colombia

Brian Timoney brian at thetimoneygroup.com
Wed Mar 28 19:25:51 EDT 2007

All:

Colombia's national mapping agency, IGAC, is celebrating "Geomatics
Week" in Bogota in June. They are looking for proposals from
Spanish-speaking geospatial professionals who are interested in giving
mini-courses or talks. My understanding is they will pay for
airfare/hotel/per diem expenses (taxi, etc.).

At the end of February I conducted a week-long workshop (Intro to
PostGIS/MapServer/PHP) and had a great experience. The students were
professionals from various government agencies, local universities,
etc., with solid GIS backgrounds. I plan on submitting my own proposal
for this gathering.

As the notice below makes clear, they are interested in Open Source
topics as well as general geospatial themes.

You can contact Alberto directly at "aboadar at igac.gov.co" or feel
free to shoot me an email with other questions.

Thanks,

Brian

The Agustín Codazzi Geographic Institute -IGAC, through its Center of
Research
and Development on Geographic Information –CIAF, under the project
“Improvement
of the systems of cartography for the Colombian territory” financed
jointly by
the European Union and the Republic of Colombia, invites you to
participate in
the event “SECOND WEEK OF GEOMATICS – 2007”, that will be held in Bogotá –
Colombia, from 4th until 8th of June this year.
The event is conformed by 2 days of workshops and 3 days of conferences
after
workshops and will include the participation of national and international
experts, different public and private representatives, as well as important
producer, supplier and user companies of geospatial information,.These
experts will bring to light the advances and applications in thematics
related to:
Remote Sensing, Geographic Information System GIS, Geodesy, Digital
Cartography
Production, Geospatial Data Infrastructure, Digital Photogrametry, Basic
Geography Studies, Land Planning, Land Administration, Cadastre and Urban
Planning, spatial technologies for communications, Earth Observation,
Global
Positioning Systema, astronomy and astronautics, Environmental information,
Geo-statistics, Geology and Geological Hazard (Natural and hazard
disasters)
and its applications.
For the IGAC it is very significant to include your participation as a
professor
in a theoretical-practical workshop and/or as a key speaker through a
magisterial conference. The organization of the event is able to cover the
expenses related to the air ticket (economy class) and the per diem costs
during your participation.

We appreciate the confirmation of your participation by sending of
conference/workshop title proposal, summary and program in order to
establish
the schedule of the event.
For further information about the event, you can communicate with the
Ing. MSc
Alberto BOADA RODRÍGUEZ, Project National Director