[OSGeo-Edu] 1) Congrats, 2) an updated to do list and 3) trying to keep us focused and moving forward

Charlie Schweik cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Sat Nov 3 22:26:52 EDT 2007

Dear OSGeo Edu members:

1) First -- Congrats all for making our first stated goal after
Victoria! We've established an educational inventory with 16 items
listed! That's *terrific*. Thanks to all who contributed (there's still
time if you haven't!). See
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Educational_Content_Inventory

2) Second, I've revised our task wiki page to reflect where I think we
are. See
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Education_Committee_Work_Program

I've listed our goals for this year. The first two goals (education
inventory and FreeGIS book) were moving forward on. The second two goals
(OSGeo classes, and Ubuntu CD) have been suggested but I'm not sure if
we have anyone taking them on.

Comments are appreciated or if you want to add your name or add a
comment to any task on the wiki please do so.

3) Any other commitments from folks on what new material they might be
developing over the next year? If so, add to this page:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Commitments_for_New_Material_Development
Also, please consider working with Ned, Sasha and I to develop a
standard tutorial storage format.

Thanks all-
Charlie

On Mon, 2007-10-15 at 08:18 +0200, maria.brovelli at diiar-topo.polimi.it