[OSGeo-Edu] A couple of things for the free GIS book

Victor Olaya volaya at unex.es
Mon Oct 29 03:40:31 EDT 2007

Hi all,

Sorry for not having posted all the things that I promised. I have been a
bit too busy lately...

Things on the spanish side are going much better, and it seems that people
are starting to move. Hopefuly, the meeting in Valencia (in just two weeks)
will be fruitful. For this reason, I think we should wait to see what
happens there, and then try to coordinate both teams and start working. The
most difficult thing will probably be the creation of a unified Editorial
Comittee, but we can start discussing how to do it, and then all those ideas
can be also discussed at the spanish meeting.

One of the things that we want to define in the meeting is the role of this
comitee, which is not yet clear. Ideas, as usual, are welcome.

In the meantime, you can have a look at a couple of things I have done. I
have translated the Table of Contents and a few estimations for the roadmap
in this two pages of the wiki:

http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/GIS_Book_Roadmap
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/GIS_Book_ToC

Please, have a look and let's start discussing this issues. Give your
opinion on the list or simply edit the wiki pages.

Regards

Victor Olaya Ferrero
UNEX
E-mail : volaya at ya.com