[OSGeo-Edu] Re-starting our discussions

Mark Leslie mrk.leslie at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 22:28:30 EST 2008

I thought it was time to de-lurk and introduce myself.  I'm a programmer
working for LISAsoft, based in Sydney Australia.  I've been involved
with the OSGeo Live DVD (currently branded as Arramagong) since it
started rolling.  I've also been lurking on the edu list for ages, and
have seen a chance to work together to further our ends.  Fortunately,
so did Charlie, and he's given me the push I needed to finally do
something about it.

I'm interested in helping to get any educational material that is
available packaged up for inclusion on the live dvd, also known as Task
A from the wiki link below.

At the moment, the DVD is targetted at introducing people to open source
geospatial software, and as such introductory tutorials are a higher
priority for us.  Judging from the wiki, the first step is to figure out
what is currently available.  I've discovered a wonderful resource at
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Educational_Content_Inventory, but it's
structure makes it hard to quickly scan through.  Is this the primary
listing of what we know about?  Is there a great deal squirreled away in
svn?

Mark Leslie
Geospatial Software Architect
LISAsoft

Ph: +61 2 8570 5000 Fax: +61 2 8570 5099 Mob: +61
Suite 112, Jones Bay Wharf 19-21 Pirrama Rd Pyrmont NSW 2009

LISAsoft is part of the A2end Group of Companies
http://www.ardec.com.au
http://www.lisasoft.com
http://www.terrapages.com