[OSGeo-Edu] Metadata Chapter Completed

Landon Blake lblake at ksninc.com
Fri Feb 1 14:51:22 EST 2008

I've completed the text content for the Metadata Chapter of the Free GIS
Book. You can read the latest section I added, which deals with
automated metadata management. (Thanks to Tyler for introducing me to
this topic with his example.)

Next week I will try to complete the following tasks:

-     Preparation of a simple metadata file example.

-     Placement of the metadata chapter content on the Free GIS Book
section of the OSGeo wiki.

-     Formatting of the chapter in Scribus for a sample PDF layout.

Thank you for everyone's help. If you have a few minutes, please read
the article now that it is completed.

I'm not a professional writer, or even a GIS professional. As a result,
I warmly welcome correction of writing errors, or comments on how I can
improve the style and content of the chapter.

Landon

Warning: