[OSGeo-Edu] Lyx - Open Source Editor For LaTex Files

Landon Blake lblake at ksninc.com
Wed Feb 6 11:37:40 EST 2008

I was able to try out Lyx this morning.

http://www.lyx.org/

The installation process was a little long because it needs to download
Ghostscript, ImageMagik and some other dependency.

However, the program itself seemed very slick! I was able to type LaTex
and view a PDF generated from it with a single button click!

This definitely makes LaTex a lot more user friendly. I only had a few
minutes to work with the program before I left for work, but I think it
merits more investigation. I'd like us to consider using it at least for
the Journal, if not for other OSGeo educational content.

Landon

Warning: