[OSGeo-Edu] Update On Metadata Chapter

Landon Blake lblake at ksninc.com
Fri Jan 4 14:56:28 EST 2008

I've added a few paragraphs to my draft Metadata chapter for the Free
GIS Book:

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=df5nfmf8_37gc47xc

The new material deals with the possible uses of metadata.

I'll tackle the common elements of metadata next, hopefully on Monday.

I also hope to get to the section on metadata standards next week. I am
only familiar with the FGDC metadata standard. If there are other
popular metadata standards I should mention, please let me know.

Landon

Warning: