[OSGeo-Edu] Call for Papers: LocWeb2008 in Conjunction with the WWW 2008 Conference

P Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 21:08:42 EST 2008

volks,

Below is the call for papers for the "First International Workshop on
Location and the Web in Conjunction with the WWW 2008 Conference." I
hope some of you will consider submitting papers and boosting the
OSGeo presence. Disclaimer: I am one of the organizers. Please
circulate widely.

http://medien.informatik.uni-oldenburg.de/LocWeb2008/index.html

Scope

The First International Workshop on Location and the Web (LocWeb 2008)
focuses on all the geospatial aspects that are related to the Web. A
location-aware Web will spawn network effects among geo-referenced
data models and services, improving interoperability and interaction
by providing a well-defined location concept for the Web. We encourage
submissions that will enable mobile search, search in automotive,
special local search engines in specialized fields. The workshop will
look at the theme of location and the Web from a macro-level,
interdisciplinary perspective. In recent years, the topic of location
appears in many communities and is achieving great attention -
user-generated content, location-related multimedia Web content, Web
scale geo-content mining, and mobile search are only some of these
developments.

--
Puneet Kishor