[OSGeo-Edu] Subversion strategy questions

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Wed Jan 23 14:07:57 EST 2008

On 23-Jan-08, at 10:28 AM, Landon Blake wrote:

> Install and learn how to use an XSLT Stylesheet Processor.
> Import the Docbook DTD into the processor.
> Import the conversion stylesheet into the processor.
> Run the conversion in the processor.
>
> This isn't exactly a one-click task, but perhaps it could be made into
> one.

Egads - a standard has becoming the authoring format.. Surely we
don't ask cartographers to write GML instead of using a GUI ;-)  Just
because XML can be human readable I personally don't think anyone
should ever have to read it (except for maybe some editors).

It seems to me that some simple GUI and conversion tools should
handle our needs.  Not that I have researched any solutions to this
but I think our goal must be too keep it all as simple as using
OpenOffice or embedded in a sort of redistributable web page (e.g.
http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/).  I'm sure that with the knowledge and
skill of folks on this list or in the broader OSGeo community,
something can be done.

Tyler