FW: [OSGeo-Edu] Subversion strategy questions

Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas jsanz at geomaticblog.net
Fri Jan 25 13:30:28 EST 2008

2008/1/23, Landon Blake <lblake at ksninc.com>:
> At a minimum it looks like I would need to complete the following steps
> to perform a conversion:
>
> Install and learn how to use an XSLT Stylesheet Processor.
> Import the Docbook DTD into the processor.
> Import the conversion stylesheet into the processor.
> Run the conversion in the processor.
>
> This isn't exactly a one-click task, but perhaps it could be made into
> one.
>
> I wonder how one would control things like margin width and font style
> when generating PDF documentation from Docbook. Is anyone familiar with
> how this works in the conversion process?

Hi Landon again ;)

It's mainly in Spanish, but maybe you find useful the article I'm
writing for the Girona Meeting about OSGeo Spanish LC. It's in the
OSGeo SVN.

https://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/community/presentations/20080303-Girona/OSGeo_Spanish/

You'll find an ant build file for linux systems (I'm working on a
Debian box) so you only need to install the proper packages (xalan,
fop, jai, docbook-xml, docbook-xsl) and run ant to generate the HTML
or the PDF.

Sorry, the README is also in Spanish :S

Of course you can always use the old DSSL stylesheets and OpenJade....

Cheers
--
Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas
Ingeniero en Geodesia y Cartografía