[OSGeo-Edu] Discussion of recommended standards for OSGeo educational material

Ned Horning horning at amnh.org
Wed Jul 9 07:41:37 EDT 2008

Chralie,

I think this is an approach that is worth throwing into the mix. It
would be neat if someone or a group within OSGeo could work with the
Wikieducator folks. I'm not a big fan of Wiki publishing but that's
mostly because I haven't had much luck with previous Wiki experiences.
For some groups a Wiki approach will work well. My gut feeling is that
the Wiki platform may work for collecting and managing content but I
don't think the Wiki community approach is ideal for writing books and
training material because it's too complex. Some of this probably stems
from my ignorance of what makes successful Wiki projects work.

Ned