[OSGeo-Edu] Updated educom wiki task page

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Jun 26 23:53:16 EDT 2008

cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu wrote:
> 4) Is ANYTHING being done on Task F - Ubuntu packaged CD? Or should I get it off
> the list?

Charlie,

I haven't heard of anyone particularly working on this.  I will note that I'm
hoping for a big splash for OSGeo4W at FOSS4G, with it being used for at
least some of the labs and workshops.  I'm not sure that these sort of
software distributions are particularly "educational" in nature, but I'm
certainly interested if there are steps we can take to make stuff like
OSGeo4W more useful in lab / educational situations.

Best regards,