[OSGeo-Edu] BOF minutes on wiki

cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Sat Oct 24 07:36:29 EDT 2009

Quoting Scott Mitchell <smitch at mac.com>:

> My email containing the "minutes" (well, rough notes, at least) seems
> to have been rejected by Mailman - probably because I let it go out as
> rich text.
>
> No problem, I have instead put the notes up on the wiki, that way you
> can edit / comment directly - see:
>
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G2009_Education_BOF_minutes

Greetings Scott (and all),

Thanks to you, Tyler, Maria and Venka for helping run the BOF meeting and for
all those in attendance! And thanks Scott very much for the notes.  I encourage
anyone who attended to add anything Scott may have missed.

I very much appreciate the vote of confidence from the group as well. I'll try
to do better in coordinating our efforts this year. I do agree with the group
that having some "subcommittee assignments" and people stepping up would help us
move forward immensely. I also think we should try this year to have some live
Skype conference calls periodically in an effort to keep us moving forward.

We may be at a juncture where we need that. I'll call for one in a week or so
after everyone gets back from Sydney and resettled.

Thanks all! Let's make 2009-2010 our best year yet!

Charlie

P.S. Please don't forget and get in the habit -- If anyone has any OS edu
information of interest, please send it to me in an email so I can post on our
groups' blog...