[OSGeo-Edu] The use of reStructured Text in the preparation of manuals for FOSS

Charlie Schweik cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Fri Apr 23 14:03:58 EDT 2010

Simon Cropper wrote:
> For those people waiting for my gvSIG Tutorials, I am in the last
> throws of getting a Australian-specific High Resolution Dataset (under
> a Creative Commons license) on which I can base my examples, and hope
> production will begin in earnest within the next 2-3 weeks.
Great Simon... I hope you'll consider posting metadata to this material
on our Edu content inventory pages [1, 2] when ready and I encourage
others to keep this in mind...

Everyone -- note -- the last postings on there date back to SEPT 2009!
Some of you must have some new content to share... Please consider
taking the time to at least add metadata and links to our database if
you have content online somewhere.

Even better, we do have the Subversion system [3] for storage of
material so that others could derive new versions from them. If anyone
has material they would like to make available for others to use and
edit and modify, please let me know. I'd really like to see us as a
group move in that direction!

Cheers
Charlie

[1] http://www.osgeo.org/educational_content