[OSGeo-Edu] Introduction -- Simon Cropper (Botanicus Australia Pty Ltd)

Charlie Schweik cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Mon Jan 18 20:40:36 EST 2010

Greetings Simon!

Simon Cropper (Botanicus Australia Pty Ltd) wrote:
> >  Hi Everyone,
>
> > I have been invited to join this list by Cameron Shorter due to my
> recent efforts in preparing some tutorials for gvSIG. He has asked me
> to post a brief
> > introduction of who I am and an outline of my current obsession.
On behalf of our group -- Thanks very much for your introduction, Simon.
It's terrific to hear about what you are doing. I hope others who are on
this list who haven't introduced themselves maybe will take your lead
and do so as well. Thank you and thanks to Cameron for inviting you to
our group... (others... do the same if you know of people doing FOSS GIS
edu-related work!)

> > download by people trying to follow the tutorials. I am aiming to
> have this information available on a CC license. Once this dataset is
> acquired I will go into > full production of the various task specific
> tutorials. Tutorials will be released as they are completed.
>
> > I hope this information is of use. I will endevour to keep this
> posted as information is released.
Please do, Simon, and consider adding your tutorials to our education
database [1] and, if possible, share the source via our edu subversion
system. Great to have you connected to us!

Charlie Schweik
OSGeo edu chair