[OSGeo-Edu] Restarting our conversations and collaborative efforts

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 16:40:41 EDT 2010

I'm very keen to join. There is a lot of interest in training here in
Australia and we are likely to contribute to generation of training
materials.

I'm also keen to align the OSGeo Live DVD with training courses, so that
the DVD can be handed out to students and have the courses match the
contents of the DVD. The training courses could also potentially be
included on the DVD.
http://live.osgeo.org

Can we please pick one of the following timeslots, any day except
Wednesday in Sydney, Australia:
http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2010&month=7&day=19&hour=11&min=0&sec=0&p1=179&p2=240&p3=195

Location 	Local time 	Time zone
New York <http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=179> (U.S.A. -
New York) 	Monday, 19 July 2010 at 7:00:00 AM 	UTC-4 hours EDT
<http://timeanddate.com/library/abbreviations/timezones/na/edt.html>
Sydney <http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=240> (Australia -
New South Wales) 	Monday, 19 July 2010 at 9:00:00 PM 	UTC+10 hours EST
<http://timeanddate.com/library/abbreviations/timezones/au/est.html>
Paris <http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=195> (France)
Monday, 19 July 2010 at 1:00:00 PM 	UTC+2 hours CEST
<http://timeanddate.com/library/abbreviations/timezones/eu/cest.html>

or
http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2010&month=7&day=18&hour=20&min=30&sec=0&p1=179&p2=240&p3=195

Location 	Local time 	Time zone
New York <http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=179> (U.S.A. -
New York) 	Sunday, 18 July 2010 at 4:30:00 PM 	UTC-4 hours EDT
<http://timeanddate.com/library/abbreviations/timezones/na/edt.html>
Sydney <http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=240> (Australia -
New South Wales) 	Monday, 19 July 2010 at 6:30:00 AM 	UTC+10 hours EST
<http://timeanddate.com/library/abbreviations/timezones/au/est.html>
Paris <http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=195> (France)
Sunday, 18 July 2010 at 10:30:00 PM 	UTC+2 hours CEST
<http://timeanddate.com/library/abbreviations/timezones/eu/cest.html>
Corresponding UTC (GMT) 	Sunday, 18 July 2010 at 20:30:00
<http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2010&month=7&day=18&hour=20&min=30&sec=0>

On 11/07/10 01:03, Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:
> I'd gladly host a conference phone call for the group, via skype and I could phone out to patch in anyone via a landline too if that would help.  I'm busy this week, but the week of the 19th would work for me.
>
> Monika - having your material added would be excellent!
>
> Tyler

Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Director
Tel: +61 (0)2 8570 5050