[OSGeo-Edu] Restarting our conversations and collaborative efforts

Charlie Schweik cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Mon Jul 12 09:52:11 EDT 2010

Suchith Anand wrote:
> Charlie,
>
> I am very keen on contributing for this. Please confirm time for the teleconference.

Great Suchith!

(All): I'm keeping a list of yes responses and then will organize the
time for the call based on those participants and create an agenda for
the call.
Basically I see three reasons for the conference call everyone: (1) to
introduce people to each other who are deeply interested in
OSGeo-related education; (2) to generate a set of group goals and
associated to-do items; and (3) to identify people who would be willing
to take a leadership role undertaking those tasks.

For university faculty who are on this list (especially newer faculty)
-- perhaps an obvious point related to why you might consider taking
part in our collective work. This kind of contribution/participation (at
least at US institutions, but probably elsewhere as well) can be
considered a useful "disciplinary service" contribution that you can put
on your annual faculty activity reports... plus, it's another way of
making your related work known to an international community.

More soon!

Cheers