[OSGeo-Edu] licensing (or not) edu material

Charlie Schweik cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Mon Jul 26 09:19:08 EDT 2010

Hi Puneet,

P Kishor wrote:
> Please feel free to use any or all of the above for edu material.

Any chance you'd be willing to take the text you have written and put it
on a new OSGeo edu wiki page to develop a group's "license guidance"
page? It would be good to have direct links to the various licenses you
describe, and then, after some group consideration of the text,
eventually have a link to this new wiki page on our Submit Educational
Content page in the "License" section [1].

Are you up for doing this relatively small task or are you too busy?

Thanks for your insights. I look forward to hearing Simon's reaction to
your responses.  His concerns, I'm sure you agree, are important.

Cheers
Charlie

[1] https://www.osgeo.org/node/add/edu-content