[OSGeo-Edu] licensing (or not) edu material

Charlie Schweik cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Mon Jul 26 11:17:00 EDT 2010

Seven (aka Arnulf) wrote:

> Hi,
> there is some stuff already in place, maybe you can build from there. It
> is pretty old and only references GNU FDL in any detail but it has some
> ideas on target audiences and what it means if they use material for free:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Licenses_for_Education_Material

Didn't know that existed! Thanks Arnulf.

Puneet, it looks like you do have an account on the wiki (punkish).
Could you take 30 minutes and read that and update it with some of your
points (and maybe Arnulf's points below) or specific links to licenses
you think cover certain situations? Then, we could have others review it
with an eye toward their concerns?

Once we get something we think works OK, we can link to the submit
content system and perhaps other parts of the Edu web presence...

Thanks all!
Charlie