[OSGeo-Edu] OSGeo Education Committee Meeting

George Silva georger.silva at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 08:10:12 EDT 2010

I'll try to attend, I did not expect the meeting to be at noon :P.

On the channel idea, we could just create a temporary channel and advertise
it on #osgeo, so people wanting to attend and not knowing where it is can
find it. I don't know if #osgeo has bots for logging, etc, because if it
does, it's easier to enjoy #osgeo channel infrastructure.

George

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 7:57 AM, Charlie Schweik
<cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu>wrote:

> Simon Cropper wrote:
>
>> Charlie & others,
>>
>> Has the final time for this meeting been settled
>>
> Based on the Doodle poll results, our IRC meeting will be at 12:00 noon UTC
> on Friday July 30, 2010.
> We'll talk for about 1 hour and I'll try to guide us through the agenda and
> keep us on point. Please check for your local time at [1]
>
>  and has anyone clarified what IRC channel and node were are going to be
>> using?
>>

> Arnulf suggested we use the #osgeo channel on irc.freenode.net, in part
> because it should log our conversation. I use IRC only very infrequently --
> so could someone who is more experienced send out some instructions on
> logging in to this channel?
>
> I used http://webchat.freenode.net/ via my browser and it appears to work
> although I am not sure the message I sent to others logged in was received.
> I plan to log in  today at 9:30 am Eastern US time (cschweik) and it would
> be great if someone else will too so we can test in advance of our meeting
> tomorrow.
>
> Talk to some of you tomorrow! Thanks all.
>
> Charlie
>
> [1]
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=7&day=30&year=2010&hour=12&min=0&sec=0&p1=0

George R. C. Silva