[OSGeo-Edu] OSGeo Education Committee Meeting

George Silva georger.silva at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 08:38:37 EDT 2010

Hello Charlie,

You were pretty clear about the timing. I've must made a mistake - I'm
sorry.

At work I don't have access to IRC protocols, but I can help you a little.

IRC Clients automatically log all conversation. I'm not sure if the osgeo
channel has a bot that takes care of that, but if it doesn't the only to log
the whole talk is to sit at the room from the start to the end of the
meeting. On a IRC client, everything goes to a log folder. On web IRC
clients, I'm not sure, but I guess a simple copy+paste would solve it after
the meeting is done.

All commands in IRC starts with "/" and some parameters.

Join channel: /join channel_name

Change nickname: /nick new_nick_name

There commands to register nicks with a password that requires
authentication when you join a server, but if you're not a frequent user you
won't need it.

Anyways, the commands are:

/nickserv register password
/nickserv identify password

If you need more help with IRC commands or the like, please let me know.

George