[OSGeo-Edu] OSGeo Education Committee Meeting

christopher.schmidt at nokia.com christopher.schmidt at nokia.com
Thu Jul 29 08:51:44 EDT 2010

On Jul 29, 2010, at 6:57 AM, ext Charlie Schweik wrote:

> Simon Cropper wrote:
>> Charlie & others,
>>
>> Has the final time for this meeting been settled
> Based on the Doodle poll results, our IRC meeting will be at 12:00 noon
> UTC on Friday July 30, 2010.
> We'll talk for about 1 hour and I'll try to guide us through the agenda
> and keep us on point. Please check for your local time at [1]
>> and has anyone clarified what
>> IRC channel and node were are going to be using?
>>
> Arnulf suggested we use the #osgeo channel on irc.freenode.net, in part
> because it should log our conversation. I use IRC only very infrequently
> -- so could someone who is more experienced send out some instructions
> on logging in to this channel?
>
> I used http://webchat.freenode.net/ via my browser and it appears to
> work although I am not sure the message I sent to others logged in was
> received. I plan to log in  today at 9:30 am Eastern US time (cschweik)
> and it would be great if someone else will too so we can test in advance
> of our meeting tomorrow.

06:02:30 -!- cschweik [47c0f7fe at gateway/web/freenode/ip.71.192.247.254] has joined #osgeo
06:17:48 < cschweik> Hi -- I'm the OSGeo edu group chair and I want to use this channel for a group meeting tomorrow. Does anyone have any objections? Also I'm testing to make sure this query gets logged.
                     Thanks - Charlie Schweik

If that's the messqge, then it was definitely received.

-- Chris