[OSGeo-Edu] Relief perception

Miguel Angel Bernabe ma.bernabe at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 08:44:30 EDT 2010

Dear Friends,

We are preparing a paper on perceptions of the landscape at Google
Maps and other.
To check out some perceptive questions we have prepared a
questionnaire in which participants must indicate whether certain
lines are seen as valleys or ridges.

It is NOT a test to see if the participants success or err in the
identification of the lines (and therefore no successes or failures
are). It is a test to determine "what they seem" the lines. It is NOT
to know "what are" the lines.

The test will run for 15 minutes.
After eight questions to classify the participants, a series of
snapshots from different parts of the world are shown and the
corresponding question is expressed.

To those interested in knowing the outcome of the questionnaire, we
will be sent a summary when the responses have been computed. We
expected that within the next two weeks, we can have a number
sufficient to give the first results.

The test can be found at:
http://geocoder.aena-upm.es/encuesta/

Thank you very much for your help!