[OSGeo-Edu] Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] Fwd: GFOSS Education Resources Survey

Charles Schweik cschweik at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 10:10:59 EST 2012

Hi Tyler and the OSGeo edu folks:

Related to the thread below about inventorying training. Attached are
the results of the survey monkey I emailed a few week's back.

What I am wondering is whether we can somehow develop, together, a
webinar-based class for perhaps next fall (?) that a number of
institutions could offer to our students that might focus on either

(1) "Deploying GIS Functionality on the Web" or
(2)  "Geospatial Modeling" and "Geoinformatics"
(3)  Spatial databases

Or we develop something where we each teach one or two sessions on a
topic and through this we develop a open access textbook that all the
students participating could get? If anyone is interested in this idea
please let me know.

I've been caught up in other work demands but am working on getting an
Adobe Connect webinar system for our group to use and still want to
get back to the webinars around OSGeo projects. If anyone on this list
is involved with Geoserver or OpenLayers please contact me.

Thanks
Charlie