[OSGeo-Edu] OSGeo webinars

Stefan Steiniger sstein at geo.uzh.ch
Thu Jul 5 16:23:35 PDT 2012

Hi,

Not sure what process is the best, but
i) collecting topics independent of Cameron's suggestion seems
reasonable to me (though - is there a count system, if people agree with
something?, e.g. add your name?)

ii) w.r.t. the topics: what would be the overall goal of the webinar:
introduction to FOSS4G or general topics from the GIS beginner and
advanced classes but with FOSS (e.g. stuff presented in current books,
e.g. Longley, Goodchild, et al 200)? - Or is that up for discussion too.

iii) convincing contributors to make videos of their software may not be
so easy - especially if it are volunteer projects and there are few
resources (speaking here of my OpenJUMP experiences). If I think even of
the steps to (a) develop what should be shown, and (b) learn how to use
a software, (c) present things at the right speed. Hence, a tutorial is
probably needed here?

cheers from Chile,
stefan

PS: Cameron, willing to be an advocate, but as I do not even know what I
do in 4 months... ;)