[OSGeo-Edu] OSGeo webinars

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 14:05:56 PDT 2012

On 8/07/2012 5:19 AM, Charles Schweik wrote:
> Cameron, I absolutely respect and appreciate your suggestions. You
> have been mobilizing the community in a remarkable way using this
> process you lay out. But respectfully, I am not sure the template is
> the first step here.
>
> I think that what might be getting in the way is many of us might have
> different ideas on what these webinars might be. There's a lot of
> potential here.  Given our group has really never done this over the
> web, anything is a step forward, I think.

Sure, my proposed process is not the only way. And it does introduce a
barrier of entry by putting in a lot of work up front, in order to make
a long term sustainable process once started. I'm not going to stand in
the way of others working to another process.

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Solutions Manager

Think Globally, Fix Locally