[El] Missing dependencies

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Fri Aug 20 05:28:32 EDT 2010

Hi Mathieu:
Thanks for your quick help.
I added the EPEL repository, and indeed the initial installation went
smoother. (Removed all the pkgs from other repos and redid the GIS
stuff).
Regarding my questions about QGIS and GRASS: I'm sure once CentOS 6
comes out, setting up QGIS will work OK. Maybe I'll still have another
go with the EPEL python26 packages. Hope it won't be just banging my
head on the wall...

As for GRASS, i think what's missing to get the vector digitizer (as
well as nviz) in the wxpython gui is two additional "make" steps. I
believe you have to drop into the directories:
BUILD/grass-6.4.0svn/gui/wxpython/vdigit/
and
BUILD/grass-6.4.0svn/gui/wxpython/nviz/
and run make in each. Then do make install, and recreate the rpm.
How can I do that with rpmbuild? It seems each 'rpmbuild -bb ...'
removes the whole BUILD dir and starts from scratch.
Running 'rpmbuild --short-circuit -bi grass.spec' creates the binaries,
but not the final rpm.

Thanks,
Micha