[El] Re: imageio-ext and gdal

Mathieu Baudier mbaudier at argeo.org
Thu Dec 16 05:28:32 EST 2010

Hi Ralph,

I have integrated these files in the subversion repository
(https://projects.argeo.org/elgis/svn/factory/trunk/rpmbuild/elgis-plus/),
and I'm now trying to build/package them.

I could build jmagick with some slight modifications (force oldIM=1
and add BuildRequire: autoconf).

However when I try to build imagio-ext, I get:

Cannot find build req  jai-core. Exiting.

If I well remember, we already discussed that JAI has such a license
that it cannot be distributed, and it is therefore probably not
available in any of the repos.

What would be the procedure to build/package it locally, so that I can
build imageio-ext?

If you can quickly remind us of the overall context and the impact for
end users, that would be useful as well.

Cheers,

Mathieu