GDAL 1.7.3 / Java software and repos (was Re: [El] imageio-ext)

Ralph Apel r.apel at r-apel.de
Thu Nov 25 05:34:54 EST 2010

IMHO the differences are lying in an extended variety of available
interfaces, e.g. offer List<String> as an alternative type of certain
parameters besides String[] etc.
And JNI as such has not been my very personal focus.
But this said, IMHO the chances are good to verify that the patched libs
only add to the unpatched ones, not reducing any functionality.
We should probably discuss this with the geosolutions people, as well as
with gdal.
Not very sure why gdal has not been able to adopt the improvements from
geosolutions. Licensing?