[El] GDAL 1.7.3 in elgis-testing

Mathieu Baudier mbaudier at argeo.org
Fri Nov 26 04:25:39 EST 2010

>> A complementary idea: maybe we could add a package gdal-jpp-compat (or
>> something like that) in elgis-plus (which will probably have a
>> dependency on JPP).
>
> This cool, but library names and common functions are still an issue,
> they can't co-exist. I am working on it.

Ok, for this and the rest, take your time, and when you have an
approach/packages, we will work on integrating them for EL 5.

> This is for sure we should, a clean version.

So for now, we only need to find a clean way to remove this maven2
dependency and I'll do a build so that we have a complete GDAL 1.7.3
in elgis.

(The issue we are discussing here is only related to gdal-java, the
other gdal* packages seem to work just fine so far)