[El] QGIS 1.5.0 in elgis-plus-testing (with python plugins support)

Mathieu Baudier mbaudier at argeo.org
Tue Oct 5 12:02:08 EDT 2010

> Should then all GIS python bindings be rebuild against python 2.6, e.g. mapserver-python, gdal-python, geos-python and GRASS? Probably some people using Python would then appreciate to have python-numeric, too. And a lot of other libs.
>
> Would this be necessary only for having QGIS 1.5 on RHEL/CentOS 5.5?

No QGIS is already working with most python plugins.
Apparently most plugins do not rely on the python bindings of the
libraries but rather on the framework provided by QGIS itself (whose
core links with them natively).

Just a few are broken (I identified only the two above so far), so I
just wanted to share it and indicate directions in case somebody need
to fix it.

I personally don't need at this stage to have the bindings of the GIS
libraries for python26.