[El] RE: Re: [pgrouting-users] Preferred version

Peter Hopfgartner peter.hopfgartner at r3-gis.com
Tue Oct 26 10:05:08 EDT 2010

--------Mathieu Baudier <mbaudier at argeo.org> wrote--------
Subject: Re: [El] RE: Re: [pgrouting-users] Preferred version
Date: 26.10.2010 15:42

>Hi Peter,

Hi Mathieu!

I did some inquiry on the pgrouting users list, http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/pgrouting-users/2010-October/thread.html, and the developers there consider the current SVN version quite stable. Indeed, it seems that the current Ubuntu version, which is packaged by Daniel, if I'm right, is using the same version.

>Should I update elgis-testing with it?
I would say yes, but I still have to put it under torture (our mountain biking application).

http://pgrouting.postlbs.org/svn/pgrouting/trunk

>From an SCM? At which revision?
It's the current version, 358.

While I think that testing might a good place for it, I really would avoid to put SCM-snapshots into stable. If we do have some testing feedback, we should feed it to the upstream developers and see if we can help in releasing a stable upstream version. It think that the concept of a stable rpm based on a instable upstream is bogus.

>Thanks in advance!
>
>Mathieu

Ciao,

Peter