[El] pcraster support in GDAL/OGR 1.7.2 release (1.7.2-5_0.el5.elgis.i386) ?

Mauricio Zambrano mauricio.zambrano at jrc.ec.europa.eu
Wed Oct 27 03:34:08 EDT 2010

Dear Mathieu,

With a  lot of help from Peter, I managed to re-compile the sources of
the stable version of gdal
(http://elgis.argeo.org/repos/5/elgis/SRPMS/gdal-1.7.2-5_0.el5.elgis.src.rpm )

and now I have gdal with PCRaster support enabled.

However, RHEL is showing that there is an update for gdal:

==========================================================================================================================
 Package                       Arch                   Version
Repository               Size
==========================================================================================================================
Updating:
 gdal                          i386
1.7.2-5_0.el5.elgis                   elgis                   5.9 M
 gdal-devel                    i386
1.7.2-5_0.el5.elgis                   elgis                   2.3 M
 gdal-java                     i386
1.7.2-5_0.el5.elgis                   elgis                   123 k
 gdal-perl                     i386
1.7.2-5_0.el5.elgis                   elgis                   357 k
 gdal-python                   i386
1.7.2-5_0.el5.elgis                   elgis                   446 k
 gdal-ruby                     i386
1.7.2-5_0.el5.elgis                   elgis                   169 k
 gdal-static                   i386
1.7.2-5_0.el5.elgis                   elgis                   4.1 M

and I would like to knwo if installing that update, I will lose the
PCRaster support.

The repositories that I have enabled in my computer are:

$ yum repolist
Loaded plugins: rhnplugin, security
*Note* Red Hat Network repositories are not listed below. You must run
this command as root to access RHN repositories.
rhel-debuginfo
2865/2865
repo id                   repo name                               status
elgis                     EL GIS 5 - i386
enabled:    32
elgis-plus-testing        EL GIS 5 Plus Testing - i386
enabled:    17
elgis-plus-testing-source EL GIS 5 Plus Testing - i386 - Source
enabled:     5
elgis-source              EL GIS 5 - i386 - Source
enabled:     8
epel                      Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 5 -
enabled: 4,742
epel-debuginfo            Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 5 -
enabled: 1,389
epel-source               Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 5 -
enabled: 2,830
epel-testing              Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 5 -
enabled:   411
epel-testing-debuginfo    Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 5 -
enabled:    53
epel-testing-source       Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 5 -
enabled:   122
rhel-debuginfo            Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5Client - i386
enabled: 2,865

Thanks in advance,

Mauricio

-
DISCLAIMER:
"The views expressed are purely those of the writer
and may not in any circumstances be regarded as stating
an official position of the European Commission."
Linux user #454569 -- Ubuntu user #17469
"Learning is not attained by chance,
it must be sought for with ardor and
attended to with diligence."
(Abigail Adams, 1744 - 1818)