[El] Spatialite

Peter Hopfgartner peter.hopfgartner at r3-gis.com
Thu Oct 28 11:05:59 EDT 2010

--------Mathieu Baudier <mbaudier at argeo.org> wrote--------
Subject: Re: [El] Spatialite
Date: 28.10.2010 16:39

>> I think that a good support for Spatialite would be desirable.
>Spatialite is the spatial extension to SQLite.
>
>+1, I would also be interested in having spatialite support
>
>> I will investigate next week if Spatialite will compile on the SQLite
>provided with CentOS 5.5 or if we would have to include an updated
>version, maybe taken from Remi's RPM repo.
>
>We already have a more recent version of sqlite in elgis-plus, since
>it was required by QGIS:
>http://elgis.argeo.org/repos/5/elgis-plus/SRPMS/repoview/sqlite.html
>
>As usual, it would be better if we could use the one from base, so
>that spatialite would not be in elgis-plus, but if it has to be, we
>can use/update the existing sqlite package..

I can work on that, but these days are quite full of work. I tried to start with the Mandriva package, but that way seems to stop at the point where autoconf is runned, since the version of autoconf on CentOS is too old. I will try another approach, hoping that I do not have to regenerate ./configure.
I will try to compile it against sqlite in base to see if that works.

Peter