[El] RPM package for mod_geocache

Mathieu Baudier mbaudier at argeo.org
Thu Oct 28 12:39:22 EDT 2010

Hi Peter,

I'm currently working on building/deploying your packages through the
"official" elgis factory.
TinyOWS went smoothly (i haven't deployed it, because I do the
signing/release in batch)

But for mod_geocache, do you know which SVN revision you took?
Or should I take the latest?
Shouldn't we ask Thomas (the developer) to do a release, since he made
an announcement on the osgeo-discuss mailing-list?

As already discussed, I think we should (try to) push upstream
projects to do releases, even if just RCs, or milestones, so that
users and developers can speak the same language.

Anyhow, I have no issue with taking SVN revisions in testing, but I
wouldlike to use the one you are testing.

- either we say that the revision IS the version: mod_geocache-0037
(but later updates may be a pain when they start versioning properly)
- or we already have an idea of which versioning scheme he plans to
use, and we use the revision to qualify it: mod_geocache-0.0.1-r37

Comments/ideas welcome!

Mathieu