[El] How To: Deploy GeoServer 2.0 in Tomcat 5 on CentOS

Mathieu Baudier mbaudier at argeo.org
Wed Sep 29 03:49:46 EDT 2010

Hello,

I have put together a step by step howto on the deployment of
GeoServer 2.0 on CentOS 5 (with native JAI, LDAP authentication,
etc.), and I thought that the EL GIS wiki page was the right place to
put it:

http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Enterprise_Linux_GIS#How_to_deploy_GeoServer_2.0_on_Tomcat_5_.28standard_packages.29

Please note that it does not require to use the EL GIS repository: the
procedure is done manually and depends only on base packages. I choose
/var/lib/geoserver/data as the data directory to increase the chance
of compatibility with future packages.

I think that we should not only package apps but also share experience
and tips on the wiki or this list, so that it is easy for others to
use Enterprise Linux as their platform for GIS applications.

Cheers,

Mathieu