[ELGIS] Re: [SpatiaLite-Users] RFC: Renaming libspatialite.so, version 3, to libspatialite3.so

Mathieu Baudier mbaudier at argeo.org
Thu Dec 15 02:44:31 EST 2011

I would rather have only Spatialite v3, since to my knowledge there was
never an (officially) stable release of v2.4 anyhow.

I don't think we should in general maintain many versions of the
libraries, this will be a headache.

This is easier for higher level software like MapServer, although it
also requires some work to maintain both v5 and v6
(are that many people using MapServer v5 on EL6?)

Moreover, we will soon have PostGIS 2 where the same question will
arise...

Cheers,

Mathieu