[El] Qgis 1.6.0 without PCRaster support

Mathieu Baudier mbaudier at argeo.org
Tue Feb 22 04:34:55 EST 2011

Hello Mauricio,

> Looking in he 'About' menu of Qgis, I found that the 1.6.0 version was
> built with GDAL 1.7.3, so I  think the problem is there. I just wanted
> to mention this for the next release of Qgis in Elgis.

GDAL 1.7.3 is available in elgis-testing.
You can install it by enabling this repository in:
/etc/yum.repos.d/elgis-testing.repo

[elgis-testing]
name=EL GIS 5 Testing - $basearch
baseurl=http://elgis.argeo.org/repos/testing/5/elgis/$basearch
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-ELGIS

(change 'enabled=0' to 'enabled=1')

NOTE: If you are using an x86_64 system, just be careful because there
is a know conflict between the i386 and x86_64 version of gdal-java
(that's why we haven't released GDAL 1.73 to stable, otherwise it is
working fine).
So, in case you have the gdal-java package installed, make sure to
remove gdal-java-1.7.2.i386 before and then just install
gdal-java-1.7.3.x86_64.

We released GDAL 1.7.3 after QGIS 1.6.0, so in case updating GDAL is
not enough and QGIS needs to be rebuilt with GDAL 1.7.3, just let me
know and I'll rebuild a new QGIS.

QGIS is quite a pain to rebuild and we have this automated, so do
rather not loose time with it. As a very small community we are very
much concrete-need-driven: if you have a need it for it, I'll do it
quickly.

Please let us know if your problem was solved.

Cheers,

Mathieu