[El] Qgis 1.6.0 without PCRaster support

Mathieu Baudier mbaudier at argeo.org
Wed Feb 23 03:33:21 EST 2011

> $ which gdalinfo
> /usr/local/bin/gdalinfo
>
> $ ls -la `which gdalinfo`
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 33K Oct 20 11:12 /usr/local/bin/gdalinfo

ah! ah! where si this GDAL coming from under /usr/local ?
Did you do a build from source? (On October 20th...)

This is this version which is taken for the command line tools.

Can you please execute:

/usr/bin/gdalinfo --version
/usr/local/bin/gdalinfo --version

You need to clean the version you built and installed from source.
I must say that I don't really know how to do this cleanly (hence the
point of using RPMs...)

A quick Google search on 'GDAL make uninstall' shows that there is no
easy way to do it:
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/uninstalling-upgrading-gdal-td2029995.html
(but all messages are quite old)

Does anybody else on the list have an idea on how to do that properly?

> google-earth                   google-earth   enabled:     1
>
> I think that my GIS repositories are a mess ...

No they seem clean, your pb is related to a build from source
apparently (see above).

OT question: did you succeed in running GoogleEarth on RHEL?
I cannot get it to run on CentOS (I could long ago, but then it broke
after some version).
Or is it a commercial version? (if I may ask)
I will try again now that GoogleEarth 6 is out...