[El] Qgis 1.6.0 without PCRaster support

Mauricio Zambrano mauricio.zambrano at jrc.ec.europa.eu
Wed Feb 23 04:08:52 EST 2011

On Wed, 2011-02-23 at 09:33 +0100, Mathieu Baudier wrote:
> > $ which gdalinfo
> > /usr/local/bin/gdalinfo
> >
> > $ ls -la `which gdalinfo`
> > -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 33K Oct 20 11:12 /usr/local/bin/gdalinfo
>
> ah! ah! where si this GDAL coming from under /usr/local ?
> Did you do a build from source? (On October 20th...)

You are completely right !.

> This is this version which is taken for the command line tools.
>
> Can you please execute:
>
> /usr/bin/gdalinfo --version
> /usr/local/bin/gdalinfo --version

$ /usr/bin/gdalinfo --version
GDAL 1.7.3, released 2010/11/10

$ /usr/local/bin/gdalinfo --version
GDAL 1.7.2, released 2010/04/23

> You need to clean the version you built and installed from source.
> I must say that I don't really know how to do this cleanly (hence the
> point of using RPMs...)
>
> A quick Google search on 'GDAL make uninstall' shows that there is no
> easy way to do it:
> http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/uninstalling-upgrading-gdal-td2029995.html
> (but all messages are quite old)

> Does anybody else on the list have an idea on how to do that properly?

It seems that there is no easy way of doing this.

In this thread
http://www.mail-archive.com/redhat-list@redhat.com/msg72024.html

somebody offered a script for removing .src.rpm, but I'll try it only as
a last resource...

At the other hand, what happen if I just remove all the gdal related
files from /usr/local/bin/ ?

Alternatively, every time that want to use the new version of gdal I
have to put the complete path

/usr/bin/gdalinfo
/usr/bin/gdal_translate

right ?

> > google-earth                   google-earth   enabled:     1

> > I think that my GIS repositories are a mess ...
>
> No they seem clean, your pb is related to a build from source
> apparently (see above).
>
> OT question: did you succeed in running GoogleEarth on RHEL?
> I cannot get it to run on CentOS (I could long ago, but then it broke
> after some version).

> Or is it a commercial version? (if I may ask)

I partially succeed with the normal GNU/Linux version, because since
yesterday, I'm able to run it, but only in 'OpenGL Software emulation
mode' (which is quite slow, but fortunately I my hardware make this less
painful than expected :). When I try DirectX, It doesn't even start...

> I will try again now that GoogleEarth 6 is out...

It may worth a try...

Cheers,

Mauricio

-
Linux user #454569 -- Ubuntu user #17469