[El] Qgis 1.6.0 without PCRaster support

Mathieu Baudier mbaudier at argeo.org
Wed Feb 23 04:29:35 EST 2011

> At the other hand, what happen if I just remove all the gdal related
> files from /usr/local/bin/ ?

This will probably solve the issue, but no warranty that it won't make
your install a bit dirty if you forget some files etc. (e.g; ogr*
executables). But I mean, your install is dirty already, so...
If you go this way, you should also check in /usr/local/lib,
/usr/local/share etc. because I'm afraid that you may have side
effects.

> Alternatively, every time that want to use the new version of gdal I
> have to put the complete path
>
> /usr/bin/gdalinfo
> /usr/bin/gdal_translate

Yes, this will work.
But this may be worth cleaning a bit while you have this in mind,
because if you have weird side-effects in three months time, you won't
remember that you have a GDAL 1.7.2 around in your path.