[ELGIS] libspatialite moved to elgis from elgis-plus / spatialite support in GDAL

Mathieu Baudier mbaudier at argeo.org
Thu Jun 23 16:12:42 EDT 2011

Hello,

Volker pointed to me that if we build spatialite with the
--disable-geocallbacks configure option, it does not require SQLite >=
3.7.3, and thus can be built against the base sqlite.

I don't know if this remove critical capability, but thanks to this
option, I could move libspatialite to elgis (non plus).

The related spec file has therefore moved in Subversion as well:
https://projects.argeo.org/elgis/svn/factory/trunk/rpmbuild/elgis/libspatialite

As discussed this morning, this was what prevented us to build GDAL
with spatialite support, so I also rebuilt GDAL with the related
configure option enabled.

Both packages are now available in elgis-testing.

Since I'm not (yet) a spatialite user, this would be great if somebody
could test this new format.

With these recent changes I suggest that we wait another few days
before moving all these packages to stable (but I'd like to do it
soon, before traveling a lot in July).

Once again, many thanks to Volker!

Cheers,

Mathieu