[El] QGIS and GRASS on Scientific Linux 6

Mathieu Baudier mbaudier at argeo.org
Sat Mar 19 09:45:14 EDT 2011

Hi Micha,

yes, I had already seen your excellent post on your blog.
Thanks a lot for it and for this mail!

I have also installed SL6 on some machines and wanted precisely to
work on what you suggest.

My plan is to block a significant amount of time to work on ELGIS as
soon as CentOS 5.6 is out (hopefully very soon...) and before the
(German-speaking) FOSSGIS conference in Heidleberg where Peter and
myself will be (first week of April).

My idea is also to then start working on EL6 based on what you have
done already.
(I was also thinking to rebuild the ATRpm package into ELGIS, so I
fully agree with your idea.)

I think that you all understand, that it makes more sense for me to
group that kind of work together and take the occasion to improve the
build system, etc.

Regarding EL6, we shoudl a see if there is not an interest from EPEL
to take over these packages as well.
(which does not prevent us to start the packaging effort and hand it
over to them if there is interest).

I'll let it know on the list as soon as I start this work session
(maybe already this week).

Thanks again for your contribution!

Cheers,

Mathieu