[ELGIS] RFC: Move PostGIS client applications into separate package

Mathieu Baudier mbaudier at argeo.org
Wed Nov 9 05:12:46 EST 2011

>> Shouldn't we have 'postgis' Requires 'postgis-client'?
>> People may expect to find the utilities if they installed postgis on a
>> server.
>
> Yes. And the client package should depend on postgresql-lib.

I am having second thoughts: if 'postgis' would not depend on
'potsgis-client', we could then remove this (now indirect) dependency
to gtk2 which doesn't feel right in a database server extension.

This would break the current behaviour but with a quick fix (yum
install postgis-client).
Or we can have this 'Requires: postgis-client' in the main package
just for a transition period and remove it later on when
postgis-client would have been installed on all environment which use
to have the utilities.