GRASS not working on RHEL Worksation (was Re: [ELGIS] ELGIS 6: all packages now available in testing for 32 and 64 bits)

Mathieu Baudier mbaudier at argeo.org
Fri Nov 11 11:37:35 EST 2011

(cannot answer inline from my mobile phone)

2. Mmh, only x86_64 (64 bits) packages are available in stable.
But anyhow the pb is with gdal (which has not changed), not with grass. So
you would probably have the same pb anyhow.

3. Are you in a position to ask your Red Hat support why the xerces-c
package is not available?

My understanding is that RHEL Workstation is a superset of RHEL Desktop,
and according to Tyler it is working there. So maybe there is something
wrong with your envt.

4 (new). Can you please try to disable ELGIS and see if you can install the
(older, v1.7.x) gdal from EPEL?

(You enabled EPEL already, didn't you?)

On 11 Nov 2011 15:20, "Lawrence Houston" <elgis at greenfield.dyndns.org>