[ELGIS] gpstk spec file and workflow comments

Tyler Mitchell tmitchell at osgeo.org
Mon Nov 14 14:27:48 EST 2011

On 2011-11-09, at 11:56 PM, Mathieu Baudier wrote:

> To make sure that you are up and running, try rebuilding an ELGIS package:
> - checkout the sources
> svn co https://projects.argeo.org/elgis/svn/factory/trunk elgis-testing
> - go to, say, the 'geos' directory
> cd elgis-testing/rpmbuild/elgis/geos
> - download geos sources to SOURCES/
> wget -P SOURCES http://download.osgeo.org/geos/geos-3.3.1.tar.bz2
> - rebuild the SRPM
> mock -r elgis-6-testing-x86_64 --buildsrpm --spec SPECS/geos.spec
> --sources SOURCES/
> - save the SRPM
> cp -v /var/lib/mock/elgis-6-testing-x86_64/result/*.src.rpm ~/rpmbuild/SRPMS/
> - rebuild
> mock -r elgis-6-testing-x86_64 --rebuild
> ~/rpmbuild/SRPMS/geos-3.3.1-2.el6.src.rpm
>
> If you want to try a bigger one, do the same for GDAL.
>
> Please test these instructions and with your feedback I'll put it on the wiki.

FYI - this whole workflow runs great for me, thanks a lot for the details.
I've built GDAL, QGIS and have also tested GPSTK with great success.

I'll dig through the archives to see what's next but had a few questions:
 - I've attached the SPEC for GPSTK in case others can test
 - I included the online tgz source but notice it untars into a folder that
   does not include the version number.  So build fails.  How can I tweak
   the spec to use this folder name: gpstk/  instead of the default gpstk-%{version} ?
 - Related to above question, is it normal for the repository to keep a copy of the
   source code archives as well?  I think it's yet, but wonder if I should just
   cleanup the original package so the decompressed folder is right, but
   I really want to tweak as little as possible.

Anyway, that's all for now, thanks!

Tyler