[ELGIS] First shot at libtiff4

Peter Hopfgartner peter.hopfgartner at r3-gis.com
Mon Feb 6 11:58:59 EST 2012

I've adapted the current Fedora libtiff package to CentOS.

I've renamed the package to libtiff4, so that the libraries from libtiff
and libtiff4 can coexist. Au contraire, the devel packages can not be
installed in parallell, as might make sense for libtiff4-static and
libtiff4-tools.
I do have a minor problem with the stuff in libtiff4-tools, since this
conflicts with the libtiff package. If libtiff would be split in the
same way as libtiff4 is, the user could choose to install libtiff4-tools
instead of libtiff-tools.

I've rebuild the libgeotiff and gdal packages internally and they seem
to work fine.

Comments?

Peter

--