[ELGIS] Re: [SpatiaLite-Users] RFC: Renaming libspatialite.so, version 3, to libspatialite3.so

Mathieu Baudier mbaudier at argeo.org
Sat Jan 14 03:22:06 EST 2012

> fiddling in the Makefile.am worked. What I wanted to achieve, was to
> change the library name from libspatialitwe to libspatialite3. This
> allows me to make rpm for both, version 2.4 and 3 and install them both.

This is really interesting, especially if we could apply it to other
software as well in the future

> Still, I'm not convinced, then this approach makes a lot of sense, since
> any package, which would target spatialite, version 3, would need to
> look for libspatialite3 and not libspatialite.

Yes, I am not too convinced either, because:
- spatialite is moving very fast
- I don't think that it belongs to this "core" software for which we are
ready to go through more efforts in order to support older version as
well as newer ones