[ELGIS] regarding new packages, updrading existing and other ELGIS questions

Rashad M mohammedrashadkm at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 10:46:00 PST 2014

On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 6:10 PM, Mathieu Baudier <mbaudier at argeo.org> wrote:

> Hi Rashad,
>
> > I can find GDAL 1.9 here -
> http://elgis.argeo.org/gitweb/?p=gdal.git;a=tree. If I would like to step
> in an update GDAL package and maybe add some other packages what is the
> exact procedure?
>
> To update existing packages :
> - clone the git repository
> - merge from the related Fedora git repository, or perform the changes
> - commit them locally
> - run mock locally on it (using the git capabilities of mock)
> - send a diff/patch on this list (or the whole files), or directly to
> me, or push them somewhere as some publicly available git repository

Thanks

> (if you use Eclipse, there are .project files in each repo, which make
> it easy to import them as Eclipse projects and use their RPM spec file
> editor and git client)
>
> To create new ones, in most cases we simply fork the head of the
> related Fedora repo (http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/) and create a
> branch 'elgis6' from it. Then checkout this branch do the changes if
> any, test on mock and same procedure.

I want ITK toolkit - http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/InsightToolkit.git/
For this I clone this from a centos system, run mock and send the whole dir
to list. is that correct?

> The idea then, is that sometimes you will want to create a
> 'myCompany6' branch, or 'myProject6' branch of a given package, for
> certain needs (use Oracle drivers, use development version, use
> PostgreSQL v9, rollback to some earlier versions, etc.) Once the
> project is done, you can merge back the useful stuff to the 'elgis6'
> branch, test it, and contribute it.
>
> > I had some packaging experience with ubuntu. So far list of required
> packages are GDAL 1.11, OSSIM, ITK, OTB
>
> I know that there is some interest for OSSIM. I already had a look and
> I suspect this will not be easy, but this is always feasible. If I
> well remember someone had tried already. I can search in my mails when
> you really get into this.

if there is a previous work already online. I can update from there

> Personally, my main interest would be in PostGIS v2 and pgRouting v2.
> On EL6 we would probably create postgis2 and pgrouting2 packages,
> which would become the only ones on EL7. (as we had done with
> mapserver6  at the end of CentOS 5)

My list of packages are:
ITK, OSSIM, libkml, OTB, OTB-Ice, monteverdi, monteverdi2

for each repository I need a different git repo. will that be created on
request?

> > I had read ELGIS wiki page on OSGeo but not clear about next steps. For
> instance, mock build is recommened but cannot find any proper instruction
> in the wiki.
>
> mock --scm-enable -r elgis-6-testing-x86_64 --scm-option package=geos -v
>

> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Enterprise_Linux_GIS#How_to_hack_and_locally_build_the_ELGIS_packages
>
> > Also How to push new packages to git and build from there like the
> example in wiki building GEOS package ?
>
> At this stage, I prefer to build and update the repositories myself
> (or give access to some well-known members of the community). This is
> a goal to make this part easier, but as was discussed separately
> today, providing a public infrastructure has a lot of implications.

So I need to sent a tar file of local git repo to you and you will upload
to elgis.

--
Regards,
   Rashad